Posted on March 10, 2018. Comments
uBlock Origin is a free and open source, cross-platform browser extension for content-filtering, including ad-blocking.
uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker – which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites.
Posted on February 7, 2018. Comments
Runbox Solutions is an independent employee-owned Norwegian company headquartered in Oslo, Norway offering secure email services. Norway is a pioneer in privacy and consumer rights, and in 1980 was the first country to establish an independent body to enforce personal data legislation which continue to be some of the strongest in the world.
Posted on April 13, 2013. Comments
We have been using the following tools for several years now. They have proved themselves to be reasonably reliable and up to the tasks they were developed for.
Posted on March 11, 2013. Comments
Windows 7 comes with a built-in Backup and Restore tool. Windows Task Scheduler can be set to wake up the computer at a preset time (when it is not in) to start Windows Backup. Task scheduler can also be set to email or display a backup success or failure notification.
Posted on February 27, 2013. Comments
- Please validate your markup using the W3C Markup Validation Service.
- In terms of portability and re-use potential for your content it helps if your HTML5 pages are XML-compliant. This also ensures that you do not inadvertently omit end tags or nest improperly.
Posted on February 6, 2011. Comments
- A sitemap is required and should answer these questions:
- How many pages exist in the Website?
- How each page is reached?
- Which template does each page use?
- Mockups submitted for review must be in PDF format.
- Mockups submitted as final design must be in PSD or AI format.
- Rasterize text layers which have to be cut as graphic. Text layers that are not reasterized would be kept as HTML text.
- All fonts that are not default Windows or Mac fonts must be submitted in TrueType or OpenType formats. See a list of fonts that do not require submission here.
- Use pixel as unit of measurement in your design comps.
- Use rounded pixel values in your layout. For example instead of making a sidebar 179px wide, make it 180px wide.
- If there is more than one page mocked up in a single Photoshop file, then assign a layer comp to each page. This would make it easy for developers to see each page and bring that page to initial state after they have changed layers settings during slicing.
Posted on July 23, 2010. Comments
Jeremy Keith's new book "HTML5 For Web Designers" is now available for purchase from A Book Apart's online store.